See the Sacramento parking lots our readers hate the most
10. Amtrak station lot
▪ If you park here for a train, it turns out you are competing with people using it from the federal courthouse across the street.
9. “The pit” behind the Ridgeway Family Relations Courthouse
▪ You have to go to a pay station, back to your car, then trudge up a steep hill.
8. Tower Theatre
▪ Built for smaller cars. Will recent changes make it easier on parkers?
7. Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
▪ It’s an improvement over the old co-op parking lot. Several readers say not by much.
6. Loehmann’s Plaza
▪ It’s pedestrians versus cars. “I feel like I’m about to become roadkill,” one walker says.
▪ There’s a row of primo spots up front. Otherwise, it’s the Winchester Mystery House of parking lots.
▪ It’s tiny and tight, with only one entrance and exit on a busy street.
▪ The parking slots are so narrow, it’s hard to get car doors open.
▪ It’s congested and claustrophobic, but pedestrian-friendly. That’s good news for people moving into the new Ice Blocks apartments a block away.
1. Trader Joe’s
▪ At times, the back-up starts in the street. Six spots behind the building are under-used, but you can’t tell when you enter the lot if they’re taken or not.
Images: Google Earth Pro