Sacramento driver explains why he works for Uber, Lyft
Familiar names topped the list of Sacramento establishments Lyft passengers visited in 2017, the rideshare company announced in unveiling its annual Lyftie Awards on Wednesday.
Golden 1 Center was, predictably, the most-trafficked entertainment venue for the second consecutive year following its October 2015 opening. UC Davis bested Sacramento State for the title of most-visited university in the greater area.
Sacramento’s 2017 Lyftie Award recipients, in full, were:
▪ Most visited restaurant – Firestone Public House
▪ Most visited bar – Mercantile Saloon
▪ Most visited event space – Golden 1 Center
▪ Most visited university – UC Davis
▪ Only in Sacramento – Old Sacramento
▪ Trending destination – Federalist Public House
Souvla in Hayes Valley, a trendy Greek sandwich shop in San Francisco, was the most-visited restaurant in Lyft’s 32 nationwide markets. No place was more popular for “quick bites” than a Las Vegas In-N-Out Burger.
Good Times at Davey Wayne’s surpassed another Los Angeles watering hole, The Abbey, after back-to-back years as the bar of choice for Lyft passengers. The Abbey remained the most-frequented LGBTQ staple in Lyft’s market.