National

Watch dog start house fire, sheepishly wait for help

Watch dog start house fire, sheepishly wait for help

A family in Massachusetts caught their dog turning on a stove and starting a fire on the home security camera.
Up Next
A family in Massachusetts caught their dog turning on a stove and starting a fire on the home security camera.

A potentially dangerous situation turned into a cute video after a dog started a stove fire while trying to steal some leftover pancakes.

The guilty dog and his companion appear to feel bad but helpless about what happened as they wait for the fire department to arrive to extinguish the flames.

The Southwick (Massachusetts) Fire Department used one of its local resident’s home security video to make a safety point on Facebook.

“First, we always caution about putting items on the stove,” the post said. “In this case, the family pet decided to help themselves to some leftover pancakes while the owners were away. Unfortunately, the dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove. Within minutes you will see the item on stove begin to ignite. In this case, the homeowner was connected to a monitored alarm system calling responders saving severe damage. If you have pets or young children in the home look into safety covers for your stove controls.”

David Caraccio: 916-321-1125, @DavidCaraccio

  Comments