▪ P.J. Floyd went 3 for 4 to lead the host Sacramento State baseball team (7-5) to a 5-4 win over No. 18 UC Santa Barbara (10-4), according to Sac State.
▪ Austin March went 4for 5 to pace an 18-hit attack for UC Davis (9-6-1) in a 13-1 rout of host Seattle (5-10), UCD reported.
▪ Katie Barber broke her school record in the high jump – clearing 5 feet, 91/4 inches – and sprinter Ashley Marshall had two of the Aggies’ nine wins as the UC Davis women’s track and field team rolled to a quadrangular victory at the Cal Opener in Berkeley, UCD reported. Cal won the men’s meet, and the Aggies finished third among four teams.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ Sac State (7-11) wrapped up its final day in the Capital Classic Softball Tournament in San Luis Obispo with a 6-5 loss to Bryant (5-6) and a 1-0 defeat in eight innings to host Cal Poly (10-14), Sac State reported.
▪ The UC Davis softball team (9-12) defeated Illinois 3-1 before falling 8-0 in six innings to host UCLA (21-5), ranked 15th/13th, in the Stacy Winsberg Memorial Tournament, according to UCD.
▪ UC Davis’ Brett Bacharach and Bryce McKelvie won two marathons to reach the semifinals of the 126th annual Pacific Coast Men’s Doubles Championships in La Jolla, UCD reported.
▪ Kamila Kecki overcame a 5-2 deficit in the third set to defeat Abigail Bacharach 4-6, 6-4, 7-5 at No. 6 singles, giving host UC Davis (5-8, 3-3) a 4-3 victory over Cal Poly (1-7, 0-2), UCD reported.
▪ The host Sac State women’s tennis team (6-6) rolled to a 6-1 victory over No. 73 UC Santa Barbara (5-6), according to Sac State.
Bee Sports staff