▪ P.J. Floyd went 3 for 4 to lead the host Sacramento State baseball team (7-5) to a 5-4 win over No. 18 UC Santa Barbara (10-4), according to Sac State.
▪ Austin March went 4for 5 to pace an 18-hit attack for UC Davis (9-6-1) in a 13-1 rout of host Seattle (5-10), UCD reported.
▪ Katie Barber broke her school record in the high jump – clearing 5 feet, 91/4 inches – and sprinter Ashley Marshall had two of the Aggies’ nine wins as the UC Davis women’s track and field team rolled to a quadrangular victory at the Cal Opener in Berkeley, UCD reported. Cal won the men’s meet, and the Aggies finished third among four teams.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Sac State (7-11) wrapped up its final day in the Capital Classic Softball Tournament in San Luis Obispo with a 6-5 loss to Bryant (5-6) and a 1-0 defeat in eight innings to host Cal Poly (10-14), Sac State reported.
▪ The UC Davis softball team (9-12) defeated Illinois 3-1 before falling 8-0 in six innings to host UCLA (21-5), ranked 15th/13th, in the Stacy Winsberg Memorial Tournament, according to UCD.
▪ UC Davis’ Brett Bacharach and Bryce McKelvie won two marathons to reach the semifinals of the 126th annual Pacific Coast Men’s Doubles Championships in La Jolla, UCD reported.
▪ Kamila Kecki overcame a 5-2 deficit in the third set to defeat Abigail Bacharach 4-6, 6-4, 7-5 at No. 6 singles, giving host UC Davis (5-8, 3-3) a 4-3 victory over Cal Poly (1-7, 0-2), UCD reported.
▪ The host Sac State women’s tennis team (6-6) rolled to a 6-1 victory over No. 73 UC Santa Barbara (5-6), according to Sac State.
Bee Sports staff