A’s general manager Billy Beane saw his team win the fewest games in the American League this season. Records kept by the East Bay Municipal Utility District records revealed he was also one its top excessive water users. A September report shows Beane used nearly 6,000 gallons a day – to help keep a large, landscaped yard green, he said.
The Associated Press
In case you missed them, here are some teachable moments from the last seven days:
▪ You can run the one of the worst teams in baseball and still have a green yard.
▪ You can’t buy a World Series championship, even if you spend more than $300 million.
▪ The Michigan-Michigan State game proves it’s really not over until it’s over.
▪ The Mets don’t care about the Cubs’ century-plus championship drought.
▪ A trick play shouldn’t fool the team that’s running it.