Miami’s Corn Elder (29) returns a kickoff, which featured multiple laterals before Elder subsequently received the final lateral, and scores to beat Duke 30-27 in an NCAA college football game, in Durham, N.C., Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015. Miami’s Mark Walton (1) was called for a block in the back on Duke’s Breon Borders (31), at the far left of this image, but the penalty was taken back. The Atlantic Coast Conference has suspended the officiating crew for two games because of mistakes made on the play.
The Associated Press
In case you missed them, here are some teachable moments from the last seven days:
▪ College football officials can’t always see everything, and sometimes they can’t see anything.
▪ Optimism aside, the Kings will have more “Clippers nights” than “Lakers nights” this season.
▪ If you’re a Manning, six touchdown passes do not guarantee a win, and no touchdown passes do not guarantee a loss.
▪ The Raiders have yet to lose this season if either Amari Cooper or Michael Crabtree has more than 100 receiving yards.
▪ The Mets looked pretty unbeatable in the postseason – until they met the Royals.