Bruce Aylward, Executive Director of Outbreaks and Health Emergencies of the WHO, speaks during a news conference of the World Health Organization, WHO, at the European headquarters of the United Nations, in Geneva, Switzerland, Friday, Feb. 19, 2016. Aylward is predicting that Brazil will host a “fantastic Olympics” and that the mosquito-borne Zika virus will be “way down” by the time the Summer Games begin in Rio de Janeiro on Aug. 5.
Keystone via The Associated Press
In case you missed them, here are some teachable moments from the past seven days:
▪ The Rio de Janeiro Olympics may be the first to require a surgeon general’s warning.
▪ Regarding their coaching staff, the Kings are now just flipping coins.
▪ The Warriors are beatable, just not twice in a row.
▪ There’s no place like home for the Suns, nor should there be a home like that for any team.
▪ A 500-mile race can come down to the last two feet.