In case you missed them, here are five teachable moments from last week:
▪ Giancarlo Stanton hits enough home runs to win next year’s Home Run Derby, too.
▪ Deflategate did not last forever – it just felt that way.
▪ San Diego’s a great destination unless you’re Johnny Cueto.
▪ Kings fans shouldn’t read too much into a winless summer league campaign. The Kings won it last season.
▪ It will be a while before third place seems as distant as Henrik Stenson and Phil Mickelson made it seem at the British Open.