Andrew Calica hit a two-run double in the 11th inning, leading No. 18 UC Santa Barbara to a come-from-behind 8-6 victory over host Sacramento State on Sunday in the rubber game of a three-game series, Sac State reported.
Robby Nesovic went 4 for 5 with three doubles, two RBIs and two runs for the Gauchos (11-4), who overcame deficits of 4-0 after six innings and 6-4 after eight innings.
Brandon Hunley went 2 for 5 with a home run and three RBIs for the Hornets (7-6).
▪ Tino Lipson tied a career high with four hits and drove in three runs, and Kevin Barker had three hits and scored three runs as UC Davis (10-6-1) romped to a 10-2 victory over Seattle (5-11) in Bellevue, Wash., UCD reported.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
UCD PAIR FALLS IN SEMIS
▪ Unseeded Brett Bacharach and Bryce McKelvie of UC Davis lost to eventual champions Nicolai Ferrigno Olsen and Lucas Gerch of Oklahoma State 6-3, 6-1 in the semifinals of the 126th Annual Pacific Coast Men's Doubles Championship in La Jolla, according to UCD. The rest of the UCD men’s tennis team shut out Villanova 7-0 in La Jolla for their fourth consecutive victory. The Aggies improved to 11-3, and the Wildcats fell to 2-7.
▪ The Sacramento State men (4-6, 2-0 Big Sky Conference) did not drop a set in doubles or singles in a 7-0 victory over Southern Utah (0-1, 0-1) at the Rio Del Oro Racquet Club, Sac State reported.
▪ The visiting Sac State women (6-7) lost 6-1 to No. 62 Fresno State (10-3), according to Sac State.
▪ The host UC Davis women (5-9, 3-4 Big West) fell 4-3 to No. 73 UC Santa Barbara (6-6, 1-0), UCD reported.
▪ Maddy Jelenicki and Gracie Goulder each went 2 for 3 with a home run and four RBIs, leading host UCLA (22-5), ranked No. 15, to a 10-2 softball victory over UC Davis (9-13) in six innings in the Stacy Winsberg Memorial Tournament, UCD reported.
▪ Dani Judal won the individual balance beam at 9.875 in UC Davis’ 197.325-195.325 loss at Cal in a women’s gymnastics dual meet, according to UCD.
Sac State was third in a four-team women’s gymnastics meet in San Jose, the school reported. Utah State was first, San Jose State second and Seattle Pacific fourth.
▪ Greta Kohlmoos, Bryn Lutz and Keelia Houston each netted two goals, leading the 10th-ranked UC Davis women’s water polo team (11-9) to an 8-5 victory over No. 14 Pacific in the finale of the 35th Aggie Shootout at Schaal Aquatics Center, UCD reported.
▪ Goalkeeper Kai Murphy posted 13 saves and three ground balls, but the host UC Davis women’s lacrosse team (1-3) lost 5-4 to Marquette (2-3), according to UCD.
Bee Sports staff