Professional golf right in Sacramento’s backyard arrives in June when the U.S. Senior Open Championship will be held in Arden Arcade at the venerable Del Paso Country Club.
For many public links golfers it will be the first time they have set foot on the course. The championship will also provide the first glimpse for many of golf’s familiar faces, previously only seen on television.
Practice rounds occur June 22 through June 24. Championship rounds are June 25 through June 28.
Before all that can happen, the golf course must be prepared and plans must be finalized. Here, courtesy of event organizers, are some fun facts on supplies needed for the upcoming open:
1. 250 kegs of beer
2. 700 cases of beer
3. 178 portable restrooms
4. 12 miles of rope to separate golfers from fans
5. 250 radios to communicate on course
6. 23,000 square feet of mulch for course
7. 100-plus golf carts
8. 10 leader boards
9. 230 courtesy cars for golfers and others
10. 50,000 hours of work supplied by volunteers