Steph Curry is reuniting with flashy playing partners, albeit on the golf course with Justin Timberlake and Tony Romo.
That threesome tees off Friday at 9:42 a.m. in the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament at Edgewood Tahoe.
Curry, fresh off a fifth straight NBA Finals appearance as the Golden State Warriors superstar, is no stranger to the Tahoe tournament or his opening-round partners. Romo, the former quarterback-turned-CBS analyst, is the reigning champion, while the multi-talented Timberlake is the biggest draw of a tournament that drew a record attendance of nearly 60,000 last year.
In 2017, the Curry-Romo-Timberlake trio combined for memorable hijinks, including a pass play on the 17th hole.
Curry tied for 11th last year after placing fourth in 2017 at the telegenic tournament. He finished as high as a fourth-place tie in 2013 among his six all-time visits.
Other notable pairings include:
▪ Robbie Gould, the 49ers franchise-tagged kicker, will play with Chicago Bears icons Jim McMahon and Brian Urlacher (8:12 a.m., No. 1 tee).
▪ Jerry Rice will join Larry Fitzgerald and Ray Allen in the group immediately following the Curry-Romo-Timberlake trio.
▪ Former Raiders greats Tim Brown and Marcus Allen, along with Sterling Sharpe, tee off first at 7:54 a.m.
▪ Joe Pavelski, who recently left the San Jose Sharks for the Dallas Stars, will play with T.J. Oshie and Tyler Seguin (8:57 a.m.).
▪ Aaron Rodgers, a regular at this tournament since the Cal star got drafted in 2005 by the Green Bay Packers, will play with former Packers Jordy Nelson and A.J. Hawk (9:33 a.m.).
▪ NFL coaches Sean Payton (New Orleans Saints), Doug Pederson (Philadelphia Eagles) and Matt Nagy (Chicago Bears) tee off together at 8:48 a.m. Frank Reich (Indianapolis Colts), Anthony Lynn (Los Angeles Chargers) and Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans) will open on the No. 10 tee at 8:08 a.m.
▪ Former A’s pitcher Mark Mulder, a three-time champion in Lake Tahoe, starts at 9:06 a.m. with Trevor Hoffman and Derek Lowe.
▪ Dell Curry, who opened last year’s tournament in the same group as his son Steph, will start on the No. 10 tee with Jay Bilas and Alfonso Ribeiro.
▪ Charles Barkley and DeMarcus Ware, the tournament’s biggest long shots, have a 10:05 a.m. start time at the No. 10 tee.