Where’s the best place from which to watch the US Senior Open golf tournament June 22-28, 2015, at Del Paso Country Club? The Sacramento Bee’s Steve Pajak offers five suggestions:
▪ The tree-canopied grandstand to the right of the 10th green: Run, don’t walk, if it’s expected to be warm because it’s the only grandstand completely in the shade. A view from the upper-left corner overlooks the green and also features a sight line to the eighth green.
▪ The upper-left corner of the grandstand to the left of the 18th green: A swatch of shade in a sweet outdoor theater.
▪ The upper-left corner of the grandstand to the right of the 18th green: You will also have a view of the ninth green.
▪ The northwest corner of the course: Where the seventh green, 14th green, eighth tee and 15th tee converge to give you the most one-stop viewing options.
▪ The grandstand at the first tee: Hear the player introductions with a backdrop of the practice putting green and all that entails.