Kings vs. Lakers
- Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles
- When: Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
- TV/radio: CSNCA, 950, 1140
- Records: Kings 17-23, Lakers 9-34
- 1. Sustain success: The Kings can win their season-high third consecutive road game and improve to 3-0 against the Lakers this season. Playing down to the competition – as the Kings did against the Philadelphia 76ers in a dreadful home loss Dec. 30 – has frustrated players and coaches.
- 2. Keep on the defensive: Coach George Karl said the Kings had their best defensive quarter of the season in the first quarter of Thursday’s 103-101 victory at Utah. They also had good defensive moments in Saturday’s 110-103 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers, who had won 10 consecutive games.
- 3. Avoid a letdown: The Kings have sputtered twice this season after having three days between games. And in their last game against the Lakers, Jan. 7 at Sleep Train Arena, they blew a 27-point second-half lead but held on to win 118-115. If they’re serious about a playoff run, they have to win games like this one.