▪ Opponent: at Cleveland
▪ Time: 1:25 p.m. ▪ Line: Browns by 7
▪ Records: Raiders 0-6, Browns 3-3
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ TV/Radio: Ch. 13 (Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots), 950, 1140
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH
Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer had his worst start as a pro last week, completing just 16 of 41 passes. He had several balls batted down at the line and he seemed to rush several throws. The rough outing prompted cries – outside the team – for backup Johnny Manziel to play.
Raiders rookie quarterback Derek Carr has been a bright spot during Oakland’s six-game skid to start the season. Despite getting little help from the Raiders’ feeble running game – last in the league – Carr has completed 63 percent of his passes, and he’s the first rookie to throw eight touchdown passes in his first five games.
The Browns learned last week that life without Pro Bowl center Alex Mack might be painful. Mack is out for the season after breaking his left leg Oct. 12 against Pittsburgh, and Cleveland’s line struggled as John Greco slid over from right guard and Paul McQuistan started in Greco’s old spot.
No team can match Oakland’s travel itinerary. Including their trip to England, the Raiders will travel 36,106 miles this season, nearly 10,000 more than any team. They’ll also make four trips exceeding 2,000 miles.
The Browns haven’t been able to stop the run consistently all season; they’re last in the NFL, allowing 155.5 yards per game and on pace to have their worst rushing defense since 2000, when they gave up 156.6 yards.
The Associated Press
▪ Out: TE David Ausberry (foot), WR Vincent Brown (hamstring), CB Keith McGill (groin), DE LaMarr Woodley (biceps), S Usama Young (knee)
▪ Questionable: G Khalif Barnes (quadricep), RB Marcel Reece (quadricep), CB Carlos Rogers (knee), DE Justin Tuck (knee),
▪ Probable: G Austin Howard (neck)
▪ Out: WR Rodney Smith (hamstring), DE Phillip Taylor (knee)
▪ Questionable: DE William Winn (quadricep)
▪ Probable: DE Desmond Bryant (wrist), LB Barkevious Mingo (shoulder), CB K’Waun Williams (concussion), DT Ahtyba Rubin (ankle)
at N.Y. Jets
at New England
vs. Miami (London)
vs. San Diego
at San Diego
at St. Louis
at Kansas City