▪ Opponent: vs. Buffalo Bills
▪ Time: 1:25 p.m.
▪ Line: Bills by 61/2
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Records: Raiders 2-12, Bills 8-6
▪ TV/radio: Ch. 13 (Brian Anderson, Chris Simms), 1140
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH
The Bills have one of the NFL’s stingiest defenses, led by pass rushers Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes. The last two weeks against Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers have been particularly impressive, with the two star quarterbacks combining to complete 31 of 62 passes for 358 yards, no touchdowns and four interceptions.
Offense has been a different story for the Bills, who have scored only seven offensive touchdowns the past four weeks. Quarterback Kyle Orton has tailed off after providing a spark when he replaced EJ Manuel, and the running game has struggled for much of the season. The Bills could get a boost if running back C.J. Spiller can return from a broken collarbone.
The Bills are familiar with Raiders rookie linebacker Khalil Mack, who played college ball at the University of Buffalo and was on the Bills’ radar in the draft. Buffalo traded up to No. 4 to draft wide receiver Sammy Watkins, and the Raiders got Mack with the next pick. Both teams are happy. Watkins has 59 catches for 850 yards. Mack leads the NFL with 11 tackles at or behind the line in the run game.
HOME SWEET HOME
Raiders rookie quarterback Derek Carr has been a much different player at home. He has completed 61.2 percent of his passes at the Coliseum, with 11 touchdowns, five interceptions and an 86.5 passer rating. That compares to a 57.8 completion percentage, seven touchdowns, six interceptions and a 70.3 rating in seven road games, plus a “home” game in London.
Second-year tight end Mychal Rivera has turned into one of Oakland’s most dependable receivers and one of the league’s most prolific tight ends. Since Week 7, Rivera has 42 catches for 402 yards and four touchdowns.
The Associated Press
▪ Out: CB Tarell Brown (foot); WR Vincent Brown (groin); CB Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring), TE Brian Leonhardt (concussion); WR Denarius Moore (knee/ankle); T Menelik Watson (foot/ankle)
▪ Questionable: CB D.J. Hayden (back); DE C.J. Wilson (knee)
▪ Probable: QB Derek Carr (right thumb); CB T.J. Carrie (ankle)
▪ Questionable: TE Chris Gragg (knee)
▪ Probable: K Dan Carpenter (groin), RB Boobie Dixon (chest), CB Stephon Gilmore (shoulder), S Da’Norris Searcy (hamstring), RB C.J. Spiller (shoulder), WR Marcus Thigpen (foot), S Duke Williams (concussion), DE Jarius Wynn (knee)
at N.Y. Jets
at New England
vs. Miami (London)
vs. San Diego
at San Diego
at St. Louis
at Kansas City