- Opponent: at Miami Dolphins
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Line: Dolphins by 7
- Records: 49ers 1-9, Dolphins 6-4
- TV/radio: Ch. 40 (Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis, Chris Spielman), 680, 1320
Three things to watch
TANK CARRADINE GETS HIS CHANCE TO SHINE
Outside linebacker Aaron Lynch is recovering slowly from the high-ankle sprain he suffered last month, while Eli Harold was hobbling because of a foot injury. That may mean extra snaps for Tank Carradine, who had high hopes for a breakout season as an edge rusher but has had scant opportunities and no sacks in 2016.
TORREY SMITH SAYS HE FEELS RE-ENERGIZED
Wide receiver Torrey Smith, although listed as questionable, seems on track to play against the Dolphins a week after a shoulder injury forced him to sit out a regular-season game for the first time in his six-year career. Smith admits to being frustrated this season but said he feels re-energized after watching from the sideline, and the 49ers could use his firepower. Their wideouts combined for just four catches against the Patriots last week.
IS KAEPERNICK AUDITIONING FOR 2017?
His detractors don’t want to hear this, but 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick will continue to grab all the headlines in the final six games of the 2016 season as the 49ers try to figure out whom to bring back next year. Kaepernick is the only quarterback under contract for 2017. If he continues to progress, that’s good news for him and perhaps Chip Kelly, who has supported the quarterback since becoming the 49ers’ coach in January.
- Out: C Mike Pouncey (hip)
- Questionable: T Branden Albert (wrist), RB Kenyan Drake (knee), CB Xavien Howard (knee), LB Jelani Jenkins (knee, hand), WR Jarvis Landry (shoulder), LB Spencer Paysinger (neck), WR Kenny Stills (calf), DT Ndamukong Suh (knee), T Laremy Tunsil (shoulder), DE Mario Williams (ankle)
- Questionable: DT Quinton Dial (knee, neck), LB Aaron Lynch (ankle), WR Torrey Smith (shoulder), CB Jimmie Ward (concussion)
vs. Los Angeles
vs. Tampa Bay
vs. New Orleans
vs. New England
vs. N.Y. Jets
at Los Angeles
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.