▪ Opponent: vs. Washington Redskins
▪ Time: 1:25 p.m.
▪ Line: 49ers by 81/2
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ Records: 49ers 6-4, Redskins 3-7
▪ TV/Radio: Ch. 13, 680, 1320
FIVE 49ERS TO WATCH
TE VERNON DAVIS
Davis is healthy, and the 49ers made an effort to get him involved last week. It didn’t work. Davis caught one of the five passes thrown in his direction for seven yards, and he had one run for four yards. The offense needs him to return to his previous productive form, especially in the red zone.
WR STEVIE JOHNSON
Washington’s big cornerbacks – David Amerson and Bashaud Breeland – should be a good warmup for the Seahawks’ duo who await the 49ers on Thursday. The 49ers’ acquisition of Johnson during the offseason was made with Seattle in mind.
LB ALDON SMITH
Smith unexpectedly played 54 snaps in his first game back from suspension last week, and he improved as the game went on. If veteran offensive tackle Trent Williams (knee) can’t play, Smith will be matched against rookie Morgan Moses. It also will be interesting to see how the 49ers rotate Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Aaron Lynch and Dan Skuta.
LB CHRIS BORLAND
Could Borland finish with double-digit tackles for the fourth consecutive game? The terrier-like linebacker has been the heart of the 49ers’ defense since Patrick Willis suffered a toe injury, and Washington ought to provide him plenty of tackle opportunities. Running back Alfred Morris ranks seventh in the NFL in rushing attempts.
PR PERRISH COX
The 49ers have received little out of their return game. Cox likely will get another opportunity as the punt returner with rookie Bruce Ellington recovering from an ankle injury. Cox, who handled punts in college, has seemed more natural than Ellington, but neither player has broken a big return.
▪ Out: T Anthony Davis (concussion), DT Glenn Dorsey (forearm)
▪ Questionable: CB Tramaine Brock (hamstring), WR Bruce Ellington (ankle), TE Vance McDonald (hip), LB Dan Skuta (knee)
▪ Probable: LB Chris Borland (shoulder), WR Brandon Lloyd (quadriceps), DE Justin Smith (not injury related)
▪ Out: DE Chris Baker (chest), TE Jordan Reed (hamstring)
▪ Questionable: G Shawn Lauvao (concussion), T Trent Williams (knee)
▪ Probable: LB Trent Murphy (knee)
vs. Kansas City
at St. Louis
vs. St. Louis
at New Orleans
W, 27-24 (OT)
at N.Y. Giants
vs. San Diego