▪ Opponent: at Raiders
▪ Time: 1:25 p.m. ▪ Line: 49ers by 8
▪ Records: 49ers 7-5, Raiders 1-11
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ TV/Radio: FOX40 (Chris Myers, Ronde Barber), 680, 1140, 1320
FIVE MATCHUPS TO WATCH
49ERS QB COLIN KAEPERNICK
vs. RAIDERS CB TARELL BROWN
Kaepernick is coming off his worst performance of the season and perhaps the roughest of his career. He could use a bounce-back effort against the one-win Raiders. Oakland’s pass defense, however, ranks a respectable ninth in the league, and Brown would love a big game of his own against his former team, which opted not to re-sign him in the offseason.
49ERS RT JONATHAN MARTIN
vs. RAIDERS DL JUSTIN TUCK
Martin will make his eighth start in place of Anthony Davis, who will miss his third straight game with concussion symptoms. Martin will be asked to handle Tuck, a veteran who leads the Raiders’ defensive linemen in tackles and is tied for the team lead with three sacks.
49ERS LB CHRIS BORLAND vs. RAIDERS RBs DARREN MCFADDEN AND LATAVIUS MURRAY
Rookie Borland is on pace for 140 tackles, and he has a legitimate shot at being the league’s Defensive Rookie of the Year. His most recent game against Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch, however, wasn’t his best. Today, he’ll take on McFadden and Murray, both of whom are capable of scoring from anywhere on the field.
49ERS CB DONTAE JOHNSON
vs. RAIDERS WR JAMES JONES
Johnson, another rookie on the 49ers’ defense, has quietly but effectively taken over the role of nickel cornerback from fellow rookie Jimmie Ward, whose season ended with a foot injury. Johnson often will be matched against Jones, a physical veteran receiver who leads Oakland this season with 60 catches and 578 receiving yards.
49ERS PR BRUCE ELLINGTON
vs. RAIDERS’ SPECIAL TEAMS
Ellington is back from the ankle injury that sidelined him the last three games. He hasn’t made any critical errors in his first year as the team’s return man, but he hasn’t added any pop, either. The 49ers are 29th in average punt return (5.4 yards), and the Raiders are allowing 9.5 yards per return, 11th worst in the league.
▪ Out: T Anthony Davis (concussion), DT Glenn Dorsey (forearm), TE Vance McDonald (back)
▪ Questionable: CB Tramaine Brock (hamstring), S Raymond Ventrone (groin)
▪ Probable: WR Michael Crabtree (knee), CB Chris Culliver (shoulder), WR Bruce Ellington (ankle), RB Carlos Hyde (shoulder), WR Stevie Johnson (knee), WR Brandon Lloyd (quadricep), DE Ray McDonald (finger), DE Justin Smith (back), T Joe Staley (illness)
▪ Out: S Jonathan Dowling (back), TE Brian Leonhardt (concussion), T Menelik Watson (ankle, foot)
▪ Questionable: CB Tarell Brown (foot), LB Sio Moore (hip), CB Neiko Thorpe (hand)
▪ Probable: RB Latavius Murray (concussion)
vs. Kansas City
at St. Louis
vs. St. Louis
at New Orleans
W, 27-24 (OT)
at N.Y. Giants
vs. San Diego
at N.Y. Jets
at New England
vs. Miami (London)
vs. San Diego
at San Diego
at St. Louis
at Kansas City