After shoving a television camera out of the way Sunday at halftime, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had a heated exchange with Raiders linebacker Sio Moore, who was waiting for him in the tunnel to the teams’ respective locker rooms.
TMZ Sports obtained video of the encounter.
“I’m good,” Moore said.
“I hope you are,” Kaepernick shot back. “I’m coming for you. I’m coming for you.”
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Offensive lineman Alex Boone and linebacker Michael Wilhoite then ushered Kaepernick into the 49ers’ locker room as Moore, a second-year linebacker, continued to shout toward Kaepernick. In the second half, Raiders defenders, including Moore, consistently got in Kaepernick’s face – particularly after incompletions.
Kaepernick was penalized and fined after an exchange with Chicago Bears defenders during a loss in Week 2. The league accused him of uttering “inappropriate language” following one of his three interceptions and fined him $11,000. The quarterback maintained he didn’t say anything inappropriate and won his appeal of the fine.
Kaepernick threw two interceptions against Oakland, the fifth multiple-interception game of his career and second in as many weeks. The Raiders’ defense also sacked Kaepernick five times. Moore was credited with one tackle in the game.
Afterward, Moore posted an Instagram photo of him jawing with Kaepernick and wrote: “There’s a difference between boys and Men … Freakin chump.”
Raiders interim coach Tony Sparano was asked Monday about Moore’s Instagram post.
“Sio plays with a lot of passion,” Sparano said. “… I need to visit with Sio, find out exactly what went on, but I know there was a lot of jawing going on out there and it wasn’t just one-sided. It takes two to tango.”
Bowman on 53-man roster – With three weeks remaining in the regular season, the 49ers have added linebacker NaVorro Bowman to their 53-man roster. Bowman, who had surgery in February to repair a damaged ACL and MCL, has not yet practiced with the team and there is no guarantee he will do so this week.
It’s unlikely Bowman will play Sunday in Seattle, where he injured his knee in the NFC Championship Game a little more than 11 months ago. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio has said Bowman would need several weeks of practice before he was ready to play.
To make room for Bowman, the team placed tight end Vance McDonald on injured reserve. McDonald has missed the past three games because of a back injury. He is the second tight end – Derek Carrier (foot) is the other – to go on injured reserve this season.
The 49ers had until Tuesday to activate Bowman or place him on injured reserve, which would have ended his season and prevented him from joining teammates in practice. Their decision to place him on the 53-man roster means he can start practicing with the team in coming weeks, which is the next step in his rehabilitation process.
It also keeps the 49ers’ options open should they somehow overtake two NFC opponents in the next three weeks and make the playoffs.
The 49ers are unlikely to rush Bowman, who last year was perhaps their best defensive player, back into action, and there is a real possibility that, despite being eligible to play, he does not suit up this season. The 49ers deactivate seven players for every game, and Bowman promises to be one in the coming weeks.
The hope for the 49ers is that by allowing Bowman to practice in late December, he gets a jump-start on the 2015 season.
Read Matt Barrows’ blogs and archives at www.sacbee.com/sf49ers.