- Two convictions, one hung jury in Meadowview drug murder trial -
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack -
- Cal State trustees name five new campus presidents -
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating -
- South Lake Tahoe officer pleads guilty to obstruction, witness tampering -
- California teachers union backs governor's budget plan -
- Vogelsong starts road to recovery, plus Wednesday lineups -
- Median CEO pay rises to $9.7 million in 2012 -
- Intercontinental missile test-launched in Calif. -
- Cell phone ticket numbers about the same but usage down in state -
- New Kings ownership group to buy Downtown Plaza arena site
- Loophole in health care law could stick doctors with tab
- Think Kings fans hate Jackson now?
- Kings land 7th pick in 2013 NBA Lottery
- Kings' lottery luck remains elusive
- Dan Walters: California State Bar bill hits competition
- Sacto 911: Body found in canal in Natomas
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Davis man faces trial in alleged hate crime
- Marcos Breton: Officials remaking downtown inch by inch
Matt York / AP
Solar Impulse, piloted by Andr Borschberg, takes flight during the second leg of the 2013 Across America mission, at dawn, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, from Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix. The solar powered aircraft is scheduled to land at Dallas/ Fort Worth International Airport on Thursday May 23. The plane's creators, Bertrand Piccard and Borschberg, said the trip is the first attempt by a solar airplane capable of flying day and night without fuel to fly across America.
Jose Luis Villegas / email@example.com
Arthur Flores Aleman salutes as the Honor Guard makes its way into the Sacramento County Office of Education chambers on Tuesday evening, May 21, 2013 before he and seven other veterans were bestowed long-awaited diplomas in a ceremony at the Sacramento County Board of Education. The county office of education began its Operation Recognition Program in 2001 and has bestowed 163 diplomas since then. To see a gallery of images from the ceremony, click here.
Dr. Scott M. Lieberman / AP
A pair of lightning bolts are seen striking the ground as a line of thunderstorms passes over Tyler, Texas on Tuesday, May 22, 2013. This same front continues to move easterly across the country.
David Goldman / AP
Fans watch as Minnesota Twins' Ryan Doumit, top, warms up with pitcher Vance Worley, not pictured, in the bullpen before the start of a baseball game against the Atlanta Braves, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, in Atlanta.
Saurabh Das / AP
A young boy walks back carrying containers filled with drinking water from a community tap at a slum cluster in New Delhi, India , Wednesday, May 22, 2013. Water scarcity in the scorching summer is a common sight in India and sometimes people have to walk long distances to fetch water.