ANTHEM: West Sacramento punk band records song for the team
FANS: Tower Bridge Battalion ready for supporting role in match MORE: 5 questions to ponder | Bonney Plumbing gets naming rights THE GAME: Saturday vs. Harrisburg, 7:30 p.m., Hughes Stadium
- Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east -
- Postal workers unions protest Staples program -
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members -
- California's water wars reach 'new level of crazy' -
- Case of 49ers' Aldon Smith sent to city attorney -
- California space industry tax break heads to Gov. Jerry Brown -
- Bill requiring mobile phone 'kill switch' falls short in Senate -
- Jerry Brown makes Time's 100 list, with blurb by Gray Davis -
- Buffalo Bills cheerleaders halt season after suit -
- Paul McCartney to play at Candlestick concert -
- Sacramento area Bachelorette contestant dies after paragliding accident
- Judge releases audiotape of Squeaky Frommes mental exam after Ford assassination attempt
- Three Fix50 workers hurt in unusual construction accident
- Film crew aims to help solve Elk Grove killings
- The book that changed Pharrell Williams
- Citrus Heights police seize more than $2 million in pot; 2 arrested
- Rocklin man accused of embezzling from school parent association
- Man found shot in South Natomas dies of injuries
- One more sunny day before rain in Sacramento, snow in Sierra
- Court shooting sheds light on 'Tongan Crips'
Alessandra Tarantino / AP
Pope Francis is silhouetted as he leaves after his meeting with Prime Minister of Albania Edi Rama and his wife Linda, at the Vatican, Thursday, April 24, 2014.
Martin Meissner / AP
A man watches a reprint of Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa at the exhibition "The appearance of beauty" in the Gasometer in Oberhausen, Germany, Thursday, April 24, 2014.
Manish Swarup / AP
An Indian woman leaves after casting her vote in a village near Sawai Madhopur, in the Indian state of Rajasthan,Thursday, April 24, 2014. With 814 million eligible voters, India is voting in phases over six weeks. Results are expected May 16.
Jens Meyer / AP
Baby gorilla Jengo play's with the hand of female adult gorilla Kumili at the zoo in Leipzig, Germany, Thursday, April 24, 2014. The baby gorilla Jengo was born on Dec. 2, 2013.
Mika Velikovskiy / AP
Black smoke billows from burning tires at a checkpoint following an attack by Ukrainian troops outside Slovyansk, Ukraine, Thursday, April 24, 2014. Ukrainian government troops moved against pro-Russia forces in the east of the country on Thursday and killed at least two of them in clashes at checkpoints manned by the insurgents, the government and insurgents said. Russian President Vladimir Putin decried what he described as a "punitive operation."