- Young roughed up, Mariners lose to Athletics -
- Mexico rescues 15 Cubans adrift deep in Gulf -
- Police zap girl with Taser at Monterey County Fair -
- Acid victims' photo shoot draws attention in India -
- DeJoria wins Funny Car race at US Nationals -
- Burning Man festival draws peak crowd of 66,000 -
- Rockies win, after losing end of suspended game -
- Spain, Greece move to 3-0, Senegal upsets Croatia -
- CSU Sacramento students teach aquaponics to Luther Burbank students -
- One person killed in crash at Auburn Boulevard and Madison Avenue -
- For starters, Alex Boone will report in good shape
- 49ers Ray McDonald arrested on suspicion of felony domestic abuse
- Sacramento light rail headed off to college
- 49ers tracker: Darryl Morris, others snagged by other teams
- 49ers get roster exemption for Boone; round out practice squad
- Jordana Steinberg: A story of overcoming
- With no cure, little hope, a family struggles with Huntingtons disease
- 49ers notes: Boone expected to end holdout after reaching deal with 49ers
- Dan Walters: ‘California Comeback’ hasn’t helped everyone
- Inquiries begin into nude celebrity photo leaks
Observers peer through the window to watch during a free beginners' yoga class at the "It's All Yoga" studio in Sacramento on Monday, September 1, 2014. View a gallery
Jaime Green / AP
Wichita Wild arena football player Kiaree Daniels pulls uphill against a resistance band held by a teammate at Sedgwick County Park in Wichita, Kan., Monday, Sept. 1, 2014. His teammate is pulling against him holding resistance bands while Daniels climbs the hill.
Mstislav Chernov / AP
A mother and child hide in a bomb shelter in Petrovskiy district in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, Monday, Sept. 1, 2014. The Petrovskiy district of Donetsk is currently a frontline and one of the districts which suffered the most from the artillery fights between Ukrainian army and Pro-Pussian rebels.
Andres Kudacki / AP
Mexico's international soccer player Javier Hernandez 'Chicharito', speaks at a press conference during his official presentation at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid, Spain, Monday, Sept. 1, 2014, after signing for Real Madrid.
Mel Evans / AP
People walk on The Boardwalk past the closing Revel Casino Hotel, Monday, Sept. 1, 2014, in Atlantic City, N.J. The most spectacular and costly failure in Atlantic City's 36-year history of casino gambling began to play out Monday when the $2.4 billion Revel Casino Hotel emptied its hotel. Its casino will close early Tuesday morning. Revel is shutting down a little over two years after opening with high hopes of revitalizing Atlantic City's struggling gambling market.