- Sam factor prepares Rams for sensitivity session -
- 4 charged with murder in death of USC student -
- 5 food writers subpoenaed in 'pink slime' lawsuit -
- Broken water main floods UCLA; drivers rescued -
- Raiders eyeing San Antonio for relocation -
- Argentina scrambles to avoid default as Wednesday midnight deadline looms -
- Chevron puts plans for Pittsburgh facility on hold -
- Player gets nearly $1M in Offerman bat attack case -
- Six temporary food/beverage sites to open Friday in Sacramento airport’s Terminal A -
- Property damaged in Sand fire eligible for property tax relief -
- Jerry Brown urges ‘religious call ... to welcome the stranger’ in border crisis
- Training camp Day 5: Cook has interception, Kap passes accuracy test
- Suspected killer of NBA star’s aunt taken into Sacramento police custody
- Dan Walters: An obscure state agency creates big money problems
- Leading Off: Why do Giants keep issuing jersey No. 22?
- Ex-governor's corruption trial focuses on marriage
- Eric Mangini enjoying his new role as 49ers’ tight end coach
- California sticks with tougher stance on employee transfers
- New statewide water waste prohibitions take effect Tuesday
- Hiker, 13, found in California national park
WISSAM NASSAR / NYT
A Palestinian firefighter on the scene of a fire at the main power plant, which was reportedly hit by shelling overnight, in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, July 29, 2014. Israeli airstrikes flattened the vacant four-story home of Hamas's top political leader in the Gaza Strip and destroyed offices of the organization's radio and television station early Tuesday, broadening Israel's targets as diplomacy toward a cease-fire sputtered in confusion on the battle's 22nd day.
Robert F. Bukaty / AP
Gulls are attracted to the bait bag held by sternman Brandon Demmons while working aboard a a lobster fishing boat, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, off of Monhegan Island, Maine. The sternman's main task is to replace bags of dead herring after the captain removes the lobsters from the hauled trap.
Ariel Schalit / AP
Israeli soldiers, family and friends mourn over the grave of Sergeant Sagi Erez, an infantry soldier training to be a squad commander, during his funeral at the military cemetery in Haifa, northern Israel, Tuesday, July 29, 2014. Erez, 19, was killed Monday in combat after Gaza militants used a tunnel to sneak into Israel. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday that Israel must be ready for a "prolonged" military operation in the Gaza Strip.
Bernat Armangue / AP
A balloon street vendor yawns while waiting customers outside the Jama Masjid mosque in New Delhi, Tuesday, July 29, 2014. Millions of Muslims across the world are celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, which marks the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan.
Brian Nguyen / firstname.lastname@example.org
Store manager Cami Neal, of West Sacramento, wipes down the counter at Grace Coffee shop on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 in Elk Grove Calif. The Elk Grove mayor recently opened his second location in Elk Grove - a brick-and-mortar coffeehouse to complement his Old Town-area kiosk. He's gotten praise for his beans and for his business' mission: donating store profits to help end sex trafficking.