- Update: Sacramento police arrest man, 28, in Meadowview killing -
- Rocklin man accused of embezzling from school parent association -
- Missing Foothill Farms woman found safe in Calaveras County -
- California secretary of state candidates promise break from Bowen -
- Mitt Romney backs Tony Strickland in California House race -
- Jury returns guilty verdict in 1980 murder of South Lake Tahoe teenager -
- Airport official: Teen had no clue he was in Maui -
- Homeowner: 2 teens shot were 'vermin,' not human -
- Jodie Foster weds artist Alexandra Hedison -
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay -
- The book that changed Pharrell Williams
- Sacramento area ‘Bachelorette’ contestant dies in paragliding accident
- Film crew aims to help solve Elk Grove killings
- Workers at Fix50 site injured by lumber hit by passing truck
- Sacramento County supervisors vote to ban outdoor marijuana gardens
- East Bay to tap Sacramento River water
- Sacramento sheriffs deputies seek help finding Foothill Farms woman missing since Friday
- Tesla bringing plant to Central Valley, but it’s not the big one
- Most Sacramento City Council members praise arena financing plan
- Neighbors irate over Fix50 copter noise: It’s like ‘Apocalypse Now!’
Fernando Llano / AP
In this April 10, 2014 photo, people ride the nearly empty escalators inside Sambil mall in the city in Caracas, Venezuela. Fifteen years of socialist rule and an acute economic crisis is catching up with VenezuelaÕs shopping malls, once impenetrable oases of consumerism where rich and poor alike sought refuge from crime-ridden streets.
Matt York / AP
Michael Phelps stops for a drink during training Wednesday, April 23, 2014, in Mesa, Ariz. Phelps is competing in the Arena Grand Prix in Mesa on Thursday in an attempt to return to swimming.
Felipe Dana / AP
Friends and neighbors of the late Douglas Rafael da Silva Pereira pray before playing soccer in a plaza near the spot where Silva Pereira's body was found in the Pavao Pavaozinho slum of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Wednesday, April 23, 2014. On Tuesday night, angry residents who blame police for his death set fires and showered homemade explosives and glass bottles onto a busy avenue in the city's main tourist zone following the killing of the popular local figure.
Fernando Llano / AP
In this Jan. 28, 2014 photo, a shoe display sits empty inside a store at the Tolon Mall in Caracas, Venezuela. One of the capitalÕs most chic shopping centers, dozens of stores at Tolon Mall are closed on any given day. Fifteen years of socialist rule and an acute economic crisis is catching up with Venezuela's shopping malls, once impenetrable oases of consumerism where rich and poor alike sought refuge from crime-ridden streets.
Mohammed Ballas / AP
Palestinian farmers gather harvested green wheat to be roasted outside the West Bank city of Jenin, Wednesday, April 23, 2014. Roasted green wheat is used to make a popular local soup call Freekeh.