- Leading off: Why do Giants keep issuing jersey No. 22? -
- Past-due debt prevalent across U.S., with South the highest -
- Carter leads Astros homer-happy win over Athletics -
- 49ers to sign ex-Cardinals RB Alfonso Smith -
- Hometown Report: Big things expected from Washingtons Thompson and Stanfords Richards -
- Protest delays FBI’s huge sole-source deal with Motorola -
- UN sanctions NKorea operator of ship with weapons -
- Police: 4 arrested in killing of USC student -
- 5 California career colleges close abruptly -
- Wilton-born magician takes stage on ‘America’s Got Talent’ -
- Training camp Day 4: Defense bullies; some players nicked
- Sacramento Kings sign new, more lucrative TV deal with Comcast
- Drought prompts city to cancel Gold Rush Days in Old Sacramento
- Update: Man suspected of raping three women in Sacramento County
- The Public Eye: Voluntary water conservation not effective, data show
- Pool water dumped in South Tahoe; resort fires 3
- Man charged in teen's 9-month disappearance
- State offers Tower Bridge to Sacramento, West Sacramento
- City Beat: Fight over midtown Sacramento house appears headed to City Council
- Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers
Shakil Adil / AP
Pakistani girls show their hands painted with henna ahead of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr in Karachi, Pakistan, Monday, July 28, 2014. Pakistani Muslims will celebrate the Eid al-Fitr holiday that marks the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.
Lefteris Pitarakis / AP
Palestinians chant slogans as mourners carry the body of Muhammed Abu Shagfa, 7, killed in an explosion, during the funeral in Shati refugee camp, in the northern Gaza Strip, Monday, July 28, 2014. An explosion killed 10 people, 9 of them children, at a park at Shati refugee camp, in northern Gaza Strip. Israeli and Palestinian authorities traded blame over the attack and fighting in the war raged on despite a major Muslim holiday.
Scott Heppell / AP
Blessing Okagbare, of Nigeria celebrates after wining the women's 100 meter final, at Hampden Park stadium in Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland, Monday, July 28, 2014.
Morry Gash / AP
Green Bay Packers Luther Robinson runs a drill during NFL football training camp Monday, July 28, 2014, in Green Bay, Wis.
Hani Mohammed / AP
A Yemeni girl poses for a photograph as she attends the Eid al-Fitr prayer with her father, in Sanaa, Yemen, Monday, July 28, 2014. Monday marked the beginning of the three-day Eid al-Fitr holiday, which caps the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. Muslims usually start the day with dawn prayers and visiting cemeteries to pay their respects to the dead, with children getting new clothes, shoes and haircuts, and families visiting each other.