- A’s stymied by Paxton for seven innings, fall 6-5 to Mariners -
- Leading Off: No matter affiliation, they’ll be River Cats -
- Dunn confident A’s will end his playoff drought -
- Video depicts beheading of second American journalist -
- 49ers notes: Guard Alex Boone says he’ll be ready for Sunday’s opener against Cowboys -
- Dan Walters: Legislature’s marathon finale a time-dishonored ritual -
- Lake Tahoe’s viking castle is being restored with support from nonprofit groups -
- California voters back shelter for young immigrants -
- Potluck: Food and wine events around Sacramento -
- The Buzz: Jerry Brown picks Mike Honda in congressional race -
- Field Poll: Obama’s popularity dives to record low in California
- Infamous speed trap town investigated over tickets
- Hello, old friend: Osgood’s return means dueling gunners Sunday in Dallas
- 49ers players mum about what happened at Ray McDonald’s house
- For starters, Alex Boone will report in good shape
- Jordana Steinberg: A story of overcoming
- Vote for The Bee's Player of the Week. Voting ends Thurdsday at noon.
- Sacramento woman fatally struck by car after trying to run across Madison Avenue
- Harbaugh has ‘no tolerance’ for domestic abuse but will let legal process play out in McDonald case
- A first look at the Farm-to-Fork bridge dinner menu
Jose Luis Villegas / firstname.lastname@example.org
Outgoing Elk Grove School Superintendent Steven Ladd, is embraced by Pollyanna Cooper-Levangie, a school board member from 2001-2012 following a short speech on Tuesday evening, September 2, 2014 in Elk Grove. The school board voted unanimously to name the Consumnes Oaks High School culinary arts institute after him. Ladd is retiring after ten years as the superintendent.
Lezlie Sterling / email@example.com
Matthew Lechowick eats lunch from Lowbrau on the outdoor boardwalk of the MARRS building under the watchful eye of a Greyhound named "Phillip" who belongs to Edwin Manson, sitting at the other end of the long picnic-style bench table, Thursday, August 28, 2014. Gov. Brown signed into law a bill that allows dogs in outdoor-dining sections, on leash, and not in an area where food is being prepared.
Vincent Thian / AP
Malaysia Airlines pilots cry during a handover ceremony of cinerary casket of pilot Eugene Choo of Flight MH17 shot down over eastern Ukraine in July, at his home in Seremban, Malaysia, Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014.