- Dan Walters: An obscure state agency creates big money problems -
- Worley tosses 4-hitter, Pirates beat Giants 5-0 -
- 2 tank shells hit fuel tank at Gaza power plant -
- Team USA basketball notes: Former Kings coach Paul Westphal happy for Sacramento -
- Hiker, 13, missing in California national park -
- Leading off: Why do Giants keep issuing jersey No. 22? -
- California governor sets more talks on migrants -
- Cathie Anderson: New Extra Smart & Final stores to open in Carmichael, Rancho Cordova and Sacramento -
- Carter leads Astros homer-happy win over Athletics -
- Abuse suspect dead; 2 marshals, NY policeman hurt -
- Leading off: Why do Giants keep issuing jersey No. 22?
- Eric Mangini enjoying his new role as 49ers’ tight end coach
- 49ers to sign ex-Cardinals RB Alfonso Smith
- Dan Walters: An obscure state agency creates big money problems
- Sacramento Kings sign new, more lucrative TV deal with Comcast
- Hiker, 13, missing in California national park
- Team USA basketball notes: Former Kings coach Paul Westphal happy for Sacramento
- Update: Man suspected of raping three women in Sacramento County
- Training camp Day 4: Defense bullies; some players nicked
- Drought prompts city to cancel Gold Rush Days in Old Sacramento
Shakil Adil / AP
Pakistani girls show their hands painted with henna ahead of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr in Karachi, Pakistan, Monday, July 28, 2014. Pakistani Muslims will celebrate the Eid al-Fitr holiday that marks the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.
Lefteris Pitarakis / AP
Palestinians chant slogans as mourners carry the body of Muhammed Abu Shagfa, 7, killed in an explosion, during the funeral in Shati refugee camp, in the northern Gaza Strip, Monday, July 28, 2014. An explosion killed 10 people, 9 of them children, at a park at Shati refugee camp, in northern Gaza Strip. Israeli and Palestinian authorities traded blame over the attack and fighting in the war raged on despite a major Muslim holiday.
Scott Heppell / AP
Blessing Okagbare, of Nigeria celebrates after wining the women's 100 meter final, at Hampden Park stadium in Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland, Monday, July 28, 2014.
Morry Gash / AP
Green Bay Packers Luther Robinson runs a drill during NFL football training camp Monday, July 28, 2014, in Green Bay, Wis.
Hani Mohammed / AP
A Yemeni girl poses for a photograph as she attends the Eid al-Fitr prayer with her father, in Sanaa, Yemen, Monday, July 28, 2014. Monday marked the beginning of the three-day Eid al-Fitr holiday, which caps the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. Muslims usually start the day with dawn prayers and visiting cemeteries to pay their respects to the dead, with children getting new clothes, shoes and haircuts, and families visiting each other.