- Giants’ offensive woes continue in 3-1 loss to Liriano, Pirates -
- River Cats glance: High-powered Isotopes overwhelm Cats 7-4 -
- Liriano fans 11 in Pirates' 3-1 win over Giants -
- Free preschool starts Sept. 2 in Sacramento City schools, and hundreds of vacancies remain -
- Marcos Breton: On immigration, Jerry Brown sounds more like Ronald Reagan than any of today’s Republicans -
- Elk Grove mayor pours cups for a cause -
- Business money and arena fight shape two Sacramento Assembly races -
- Jerry Brown says he would support more shelters for immigrant minors -
- Lassen park teams with NASA for weekend’s Dark Sky Festival -
- The Buzz: Sen. Wright spent $129,000 on legal bills through June, filing shows -
- Training camp Day 5: Cook has interception, Kap passes accuracy test
- Big Bang: Okoye delivers biggest blow of 49ers’ first contact practice
- 49ers WR Brandon Lloyd returns to give defensive backs coverage lessons
- Veteran savvy: Quarterbacks, cornerbacks alike impressed with Brandon Lloyd
- Update: Man suspected of raping three women in Sacramento County
- Man suspected of killing NBA star’s aunt in Meadowview taken into police custody
- Business money and arena fight shape two Sacramento Assembly races
- Kings close to deal with summer standout Eric Moreland
- Broken water main floods UCLA; 5 people rescued
- New statewide water waste prohibitions take effect
Robert F. Bukaty / AP
Gulls are attracted to the bait bag held by sternman Brandon Demmons while working aboard a a lobster fishing boat, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, off of Monhegan Island, Maine. The sternman's main task is to replace bags of dead herring after the captain removes the lobsters from the hauled trap.
WISSAM NASSAR / NYT
A Palestinian firefighter on the scene of a fire at the main power plant, which was reportedly hit by shelling overnight, in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, July 29, 2014. Israeli airstrikes flattened the vacant four-story home of Hamas's top political leader in the Gaza Strip and destroyed offices of the organization's radio and television station early Tuesday, broadening Israel's targets as diplomacy toward a cease-fire sputtered in confusion on the battle's 22nd day.
Ariel Schalit / AP
Israeli soldiers, family and friends mourn over the grave of Sergeant Sagi Erez, an infantry soldier training to be a squad commander, during his funeral at the military cemetery in Haifa, northern Israel, Tuesday, July 29, 2014. Erez, 19, was killed Monday in combat after Gaza militants used a tunnel to sneak into Israel. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday that Israel must be ready for a "prolonged" military operation in the Gaza Strip.
Bernat Armangue / AP
A balloon street vendor yawns while waiting customers outside the Jama Masjid mosque in New Delhi, Tuesday, July 29, 2014. Millions of Muslims across the world are celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, which marks the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan.
Brian Nguyen / email@example.com
Store manager Cami Neal, of West Sacramento, wipes down the counter at Grace Coffee shop on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 in Elk Grove Calif. The Elk Grove mayor recently opened his second location in Elk Grove - a brick-and-mortar coffeehouse to complement his Old Town-area kiosk. He's gotten praise for his beans and for his business' mission: donating store profits to help end sex trafficking.