A man has been convicted of several charges, including attempted murder, for shooting up an occupied vehicle last year in Sacramento County.
Vicente Rodriguez, 35, was found guilty Thursday by a jury of attempted murder, assault, shooting into a vehicle, making threats and being a felon in possession of a handgun.
Rodriguez demanded money from a man Jan. 16, 2016, outside a convenience store, according to a Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office news release. When his demands were denied, Rodriguez said he would kill the intended robbery victim’s mother.
Rodriguez followed the man to another location and approached his car. He then fired into the vehicle with a large-caliber revolver, according to the release.
Never miss a local story.
The man in the car returned fire, but nobody was hit. The District Attorney’s Office said Rodriguez had been recently released from prison before the shooting.
Rodriguez is scheduled to be sentenced March 10 in Sacramento Superior Court.