Restaurant News & Reviews

Midtown restaurant reopens weeks after an overnight fire damaged interior

The Porch Restaurant & Bar is reopening after a fire damaged the restaurant’s back storage areas just over a month ago.

The midtown Southern food restaurant announced on social media it is opening for service Friday morning, roughly six weeks after an overnight blaze put the restaurant’s facilities out of commission temporarily.

The Porch, at 1815 K St., said in the online post that it will be celebrating the reopening on Saturday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with food and drink specials alongside live music. The restaurant is also launching a Sunday dinner service from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., according to the post.

Sacramento fire crews responded late July 14 to a fire behind the restaurant that spread into rear storage areas, causing significant smoke and water damage, according to previous Bee reporting.

Owner John Lopez said after the incident, he would be shutting down the restaurant for repairs. Lopez did not respond to a Bee reporter’s request for comment on the reopening Thursday.

Related Stories from Sacramento Bee
Camila Pedrosa
The Sacramento Bee
Camila Pedrosa is the California Diversions Reporter at The Sacramento Bee. She previously worked on The Bee’s service journalism team and was a summer reporting intern for The Bee in 2024. She graduated from Arizona State University with a master’s degree in mass communication.
Get one year of unlimited digital access for $159.99
#ReadLocal

Only 44¢ per day

SUBSCRIBE NOW