18-year-old man killed in Rancho Cordova shooting, Sacramento sheriff’s officials say
An 18-year-old man died Tuesday after he was found with multiple gunshot wounds in a Rancho Cordova neighborhood just south of Highway 50, sheriff’s officials said.
Shortly before 10 a.m., a resident in the 3000 block of Laurelhurst Drive, near South White Rock Road, called to report a man had been shot, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office announced in a news release. The caller told dispatchers that the man had multiple gunshot wounds and appeared dead.
Rancho Cordova police officers went to the scene and found the man with multiple gunshot wounds. Sheriff’s officials, which contract police services in the city, said the officers started performing life-saving measures until medics arrived moments later. The wounded man was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators interviewed witnesses and collected evidence at the scene. Homicide detectives were investigating the fatal shooting. Sheriff’s officials said they did not have any suspect information or any further details.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office will release the name of the man who died after his family has been notified.
Detectives asked anyone with information about this fatal shooting to call the Sheriff’s Office at 916-874-5115 or Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers at 916-443-4357. Tips can also be submitted anonymously by calling 916-874-8477 or by filling out the Sheriff’s Office online tip form.