Man sought in shooting detained after barricading himself in south Sacramento home
A man sought in connection with a weekend shooting incident was taken into custody on Sunday after barricading himself inside a house in south Sacramento, officials said.
The man, who was not named, holed up for at least three hours inside the house as sheriff’s deputies waited outside for a SWAT team to arrive.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office said on the social media platform X, formerly Twitter, that the man had been “safely detained” and would be booked into the county jail.
A section of Fieldpoppy Circle near Gerber and Power Inn roads was closed after the incident began around 10 a.m. Sunday, said Sgt. Amar Gandhi, spokesperson for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office.
Gandhi did not say what the man’s role had been in the shooting on Saturday, or provide any details about the incident. The man was wanted “in relation to” the shooting, he said.
This story was originally published December 21, 2025 at 1:51 PM.