The Carr Fire has sparked evacuations across nearly 400 square miles of area around Redding, west of Interstate 5. This list is not authoritative, and is subject to change, and officials say that law enforcement and fire officials will notify occupants in new evacuation zones in person and on social media. These are the evacuations as of 10 p.m. Saturday:
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Cal Fire issued mandatory evacuation notices for the following areas:
- Highway 299 at Trinity Dam Road west to Douglas City: Trinity Dam Road Boulevard to Highway 3 including all residences within Lewiston area to Trail Drive, Biggers Road, Steel Bridge Road, Lower Steel Bridge Road, Poker Bar Road, River Road, Quad P Road, Bridge Road, Red Lane, Old Highway, Lewiston Road, Ohio Lane, Lowden Way, Ponderosa Pines, River Front Road, Wellock Road, S. Ponderosa Pine, Coffin Road, Dirt Road, Benvenuto Way, Browns Mountain Road, Mountain Springs Road, Jobe Way, Steelhead Circle, Rebel Road, Quail Point Road, Lockhart Ranch Road, Prut Road, Upper Salt Flat Road, Salt Flat Road, Goose Ranch Road, Dredger Lane, Bacham Lane, Partridge Lane, Shady Lane, River Rock Road, Old Oak Road, Gulch Road and Lewiston Turn Pike Road
- Platina Road and Buell Road: Southeast along Platina Road to Bully Choop Road including all residences to the west of Platina Road including Buell Road, Rainbow Lake Road, Rector Creek Road, Old Cannel Road, Mountainside Road, Devils Gap Drive, Baker Ridge Road, Ducket Road, Sunnyhill Road and Bigfoot Road. Evacuation route for residents South on Platina Road to Highway 36.
- South along Swasey Drive from Highway 299 to Placer Road
- West along Placer Road From Swasey Drive to Prospect Drive
- North from Prospect Drive to encompass Middle Park Ranch Land Area
- West of Overhill Drive and North of Highway 299
- North of Highway 299 and West of Spinmaker Road to the end of Harlan Drive
- Keswick Dam East to Counter Lane, North to Quartz Hill Road
North of Sacramento River to Keswick Dam Road, west of Market Street and Lake Boulevard to Keswick Dam
North at Lake Boulevard and Oasis Road to Pine Grove Avenue and Walker Mine Road west of Cascade Road/ I-5
- All of Shasta Lake City and Summit City
- Shasta Dam Visitor Center
- All of Shasta Dam Boulevard
- Westside Road to Kenyon Drive, including Country Heights and West Redding neighborhoods
- Placer Road from Buenaventura Boulevard to Cloverdale Road in Igo
- Clear Creek Road west from Cloverdale Road to Honey Bee Road
- All of French Gulch
- Highway 299 west of Trinity Mountain Road to the base of Buckhorn Summit
- Whiskey Creek Road, including the boat launch/day use areas
Pine Grove Ave North on Lake Blvd to Shasta Dam incorporating Summit City, North Belt Line and Flannigan Rd
Intersection of Placer Rd and Buenaventura Boulevard west to Thompson Lane Buenaventura Boulevard from Placer Road to Westside Road
Westside Road to Keyon Drive incorporating Country Heights and West Redding neighborhood
Buenaventura Boulevard to Highway 299 to Placer Road
Placer Road from Buenaventura Boulevard to Cloverdale Road
Cloverdale Road from Placer Road to Clear Creek Road
Placer Road from the Clear Creek Bridge to Clear Creek Road
Placer Road at Platina Road to Buell Road which includes South Fork Road, Zogg Mine Road, Jenny Bird Lane, Horse Canyon Road and all residents West of Platina Road between Placer Road and Buell Road
All areas on South Fork Road from Zogg Mine Road to South Fork Road to include the areas of Bender Road, Serenity Drive and Serenit Way
Cloverdale Road from Clear Creek Road East to Oak Street in the Community of Happy Valley.
Oak Street from Cloverdale Road to Palm Avenue, which includes Dale Lane, Panther Road and Heavenly Valley Lane.
Hawthorn Ave from Oak Street to Happy Valley Road. China Gulch Drive from Oak Street to Canyon Road.
These closure areas include all residences north of Cloverdale Road, Hawthorn Road and China Gulch Drive.
- All neighborhoods off Quartz Hill Road between Court Street and Keswick Dam Road
- All neighborhoods off Lake Boulevard between Oasis Road and North Market Street
- All neighborhoods west of North Market Street, south of Caterpillar Road; including neighborhoods off Redwood Boulevard and White River Drive
- All neighborhoods west of South Market Street including areas around Lake Redding Park and Lake Redding Golf Course. These included Harlan Drive, Snow Drive, Benton Drive, Lake Redding Drive and Quartz Hill Road
- All neighborhoods along the north side of Eureka Way, west of Overhill Drive including the neighborhoods off Redbud Drive, Royal Oaks Drive, Sunriver Lane, and Sunflower Drive
- All neighborhoods west of Buenaventura Blvd between Eureka Way (Hwy 299) to Hwy 273; including the Lake Mary neighborhood, the Cumberland neighborhood, and County Heights Neighborhood
The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office says evacuation orders have been lifted for the following areas:
- Redding Ranchettes subdivision: Canyon Road, Ranchette Drive, Prospectors Road, Copper Drive, Valley View Road, Silverado Drive, Windsor Lane, Redbank Road
The following shelters have been set up:
- Foothill High School, 9793 Deschutes Road, Palo Cedro
- Grace Baptist Church: 3782 Churn Creek Road, Redding
- Trinity High School, 321 Victory Lane, Weaverville
- CrossPointe Community Church, 2960 Hartnell Ave., Redding
- Simpson University, 2211 College View Dr., Redding
Neighborhood Church of Redding, 777 Loma Vista Dr, Redding
- Pit River Tribe Senior Center, 36977 Park Ave., Burney
Hope Center, 1465 E. Cypress Ave., Redding
Vineyard Christian Fellowship, 738 Walnut St., Red Bluff
FULL: Shasta College: 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding
FULL: Rolling Hills Casino: 2655 Everett Freeman Way, Corning
CLOSED: Weaverville Elementary School, 129 S. Main St., Weaverville
Animal evacuation centers are at the following locations:
- Large animal: Redding Rodeo Grounds, 715 Auditorium Dr., Redding. 530-945-4993
- Large animals: Tehama County Fairgrounds, 650 Antelope Blvd., Red Bluff
- Small animals: Haven Humane Society has moved to the Shasta Factory Outlets at 1699 Highway 273, Anderson (next to Grocery Outlet and Mary’s Pizza Shack). 530-241-2650
If people are unable to get a hold of a loved one, the city of Redding is suggesting the following:
- Check the Red Cross Safe & Well website at: https://safeandwell.communityos.org. Be advised that not everyone who has checked into a shelter has been registered due to the amount of people receiving services. The American Red Cross is working to process evacuees as fast as they can.
- If the Red Cross does not have a record of whom you’re looking for, you may call the missing person hotline at 530-225-4277. This is for the city of Redding and for unincorporated Shasta County.