Antelope coach Matt Ray chooses to go for a two-point conversion in overtime, and Davaughn Silver’s successful run gives his team a 42-41 victory over No. 14 Cosumnes Oaks on Friday, keeping the No. 6 Titans unbeaten.
▪ No. 5 Inderkum records its 19th consecutive Tri-County Conference win with a 48-21 win over No. 17 River Valley. There’s video from four games here. Check it out.
▪ Player of the Week – who are the latest candidates? Click here, find out and vote. You have until Thursday at noon.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ Not long ago, Colin Kaepernick could have joined Joe Montana and Steve Young as quarterbacks of a 49ers Super Bowl champion. These days, Kaepernick is being second-guessed and analyzed by all comers.
▪ Capsule preview of Sunday’s 49ers-Ravens game. Five things to watch, injury reports and more.
▪ This week’s schedule of televised NFL games. Set your DVR to stun, if you haven’t done so already.
A bloop off the bat of Ben Zobrist finds a safe landing spot in short right field, and the single starts a five-run Kansas City seventh-inning rally. The Royals went on to a 6-3 victory on Saturday over visiting Toronto for a 2-0 series lead.
Matt Harvey pitches into the eighth inning for the first time in more than two months, and red-hot Daniel Murphy homers to lead New York over Chicago 4-2 in Game 1 of their series.
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL LINKS
It’s a happy Rupp Arena reunion for former Kentucky players Rajon Rondo, DeMarcus Cousins and Willie Cauley-Stein as the Kings beat the New Orleans Pelicans 107-98 in front of an announced crowd of 19,183 to finish the preseason 5-1.
College football: Hornets blanked in Utah
Sacramento State suffers its sixth straight loss, a 44-0 shellacking at the hands of host Southern Utah. The Hornets are overwhelmed in almost every facet and fall to 1-6 for the season, 0-4 in the Big Sky Conference.
▪ UC Davis falls to 1-3 in Big Sky play and 1-6 overall with its 56-20 loss at Northern Colorado.
▪ Michigan State returns a fumble by the Michigan punter 38 yards for the winning score as the clock expires, and the No. 7 Spartans defeat the No. 12 Wolverines 27-23 for their seventh win in the last eight games of the series.
View the day’s box scores, latest standings and more coverage in The Sacramento Bee e-Edition.
Plan your daily sports viewing with the latest TV listings.