A national doughnut chain is offering a sweet new treat in celebration of the upcoming solar eclipse.
Krispy Kreme’s famous glazed doughnuts “will be eclipsed by a mouth-watering chocolate glaze” on Aug. 21, when the United States will experience its first total solar eclipse in nearly four decades – 1979 to be exact.
The doughnuts will be available during “Hot Light” hours on Aug. 19 and 20.
There are five Krispy Kreme restaurants in the Sacramento region:
▪ 5900 Florin Road, Sacramento.
▪ 768 Ikea Court, Suite 110, West Sacramento.
▪ 10317 Fairway Drive, Roseville.
▪ 1620 E. Monte Vista Ave., Vacaville.
▪ 2809 March Lane, Stockton.
The chocolate glaze doughnuts are available only at participating locations, so check with your nearest store first.