After honoring its inaugural inducees last August, Sacramento Walk of Stars plans to announce its next group of honorees on Wednesday.
The organization made the announcement on Twitter.
Sacramento Walk of Stars honors those “who have affected the nation or the world for the better while contributing to the shining light of Sacramento,” according to its website.
Never miss a local story.
Last August, there were five inaugural inductees: Olympian Debbie Meyer, artist Gregory Kondos, actor and activist LeVar Burton, surgeon Dr. Ernie Bodi and musician Timothy B. Schmit.
There are three requirements to be considered, according to the website: Honorees must have lived or been raised in the greater Sacramento region, have national or international significance or have made a positive impact on the Sacramento region.
Here’s a list of notable potential picks. The full list can be found on Sacramento Walk of Stars’ website:
- Brie Larson, actor
- Tom Hanks, actor
- Pat Morita, actor
- Russell Solomon, entrepreneur and art collector
- Alex Honnold, climber
- Dusty Baker, Washington Nationals’ manager
- Kevin Johnson, former NBA player and former Sacramento mayor
- Urijah Faber, former UFC fighter
- Lester Holt, NBC News anchor
- Anthony Kennedy, Supreme Court justice