Crime

Boy, 15, faces attempted homicide charges in teen girl’s downtown Sacramento stabbing

Police tape blocks entrance to a convenience store in San Luis Obispo County.

A teen is facing attempted homicide charges in the suspected Wednesday night stabbing of a 16-year-old girl in downtown Sacramento.

Sacramento police say officers were called to the 700 block of J Street about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a stabbing. The 16-year-old was taken to a hospital with what Sacramento Police said were wounds not considered life-threatening.

A police spokesperson said officers tracked down a 15-year-old boy nearby a short time later and arrested him in connection with the stabbing.

Darrell Smith
The Sacramento Bee
Darrell Smith is a local reporter for The Sacramento Bee. He joined The Bee in 2006 and previously worked at newspapers in Palm Springs, Colorado Springs and Marysville. Smith was born and raised at Beale Air Force Base and lives in Elk Grove.
Get one year of unlimited digital access for $159.99
#ReadLocal

Only 44¢ per day

SUBSCRIBE NOW