- One shootout victim identified by Sacramento coroner -
- Teen shot in head Nov. 30 in South Natomas dies -
- Girl's body found in Sierra creek; 2 arrested -
- Husband of Patty Hearst dies at 68 -
- California city moves closer to foreclosure plan -
- Survey: Most Latino immigrants want legal status, won’t insist on citizenship -
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments -
- Reno hospital killer targeted exam room area -
- Goldstein, publisher of Screw magazine, dies in NY -
- Hold onto your hats: 25 mph winds forecast for Sacramento -
- Former Roseville cop sues department for sex discrimination
- Teen shot in head Nov. 30 in South Natomas dies
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Two killed in shooting in South Sacramento
- Light-rail officials: Trains could be key route to downtown arena
- Honda brand pushes the limits of vehicle fuel efficiency
- Kings allow Hawks to pile up the points in another loss
- Crabtrees return gives 49ers another target begging for the ball
- Postgame notes: Kings defense continues to be the source for opponents career nights
- Husband of Patty Hearst dies at 68
Lezlie Sterling / firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Cameron pets Dasko, his 3-year-old Belgian Malinois, who helps him as he suffers from severe PTSD on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013. The founder of Alpha K9, a nonprofit organization that train service dogs for veterans with PTSD, is asking Book of Dreams readers for supplies to build dog kennels. To contribute to The Book of Dreams, click here.
Hector Amezcua / email@example.com
Malik Harvey, 11, of Sacramento who was severely mauled by a pitbull in January 2012 gives Sheriff Scott Jones a Christmas gift including a bird house that he built on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013. Sheriff Scott met the boy shortly after the mauling and gave him a gold star lapel pin, and the boy has considered the sheriff a "friend" ever since. He expressed interest in giving the sheriff a gift for Christmas, and he surprised the sheriff with one at the end of a department awards ceremony.
Manny Crisostomo / firstname.lastname@example.org
Folks taking advantage of a bit warmer weather to check out a photo-op in front of the Capitol Christmas tree on the West Steps of the State Capitol in Sacramento, Calif., on Tuesday, December 17 2013.
SANJEEV SYAL / AP
A Sikh devotee takes a holy bath in a sacred pond at the Golden Temple, the holiest Sikh shrine, amidst thick fog in Amritsar, India Dec. 18, 2013. Dense fog threw air and rail traffic out of gear in north India for the third consecutive day today, according to a news agency.
K.M. Chaudary / AP
Pakistani scavengers collect recyclable items from garbage during a foggy morning in Lahore, Pakistan, Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013.